Weird Criminal Law Stories 82

Chicago, IL: A U.S. Postal worker sobbed  loudly and proclaimed his innocence as he was ordered  held without bond on charges that he sexually assaulted  and kidnapped a pair of teenage girls after he forced them in his personal vehicle in two separate attacks.  “I have no record,” Tommie Naylor told the judge.  “I’m clean.”  Naylor, a mail handler is suspected in at least two other similar attacks from 2003 and 2006, according to Chicago police detectives.  Police have DNA evidence linking him to the 2006 attack.   At the bond hearing Naylor sobbed constantly before the judge and exclaimed, “Sir, I’m going to lose my job.”

Right!  Big man with young girls.  Crying before the judge like a little bitch!

Los Angeles, CA: Twenty more people have been arrested in an investigation that charges a Latino street gang with waging a racist campaign to eliminate black people from a southern California city.  The arrests stem from a sting against the Varrio Hawaiian Gardens gang, which primarily operates in Hawaiian Gardens in southern L.A. County.  An indictment unsealed in May 2009 details attempted murder, kidnapping, drug and other charges related to the gang’s attacks.

They sound more like the Los Poco Locos!

Concord, NH:  A convicted tax evader has denied at his trial that he booby-trapped his New Hampshire property to kill federal agents.  Ed Brown testified that explosives in the woods around his fortified home were designed to scare off intruders, including agents — not harm them.  He says he stockpiled weapons and explosives because a failed arrest attempt convinced him authorities planned to kill him.  Brown and his wife, Elaine, were on trial for amassing the arsenal to kill agents during the nine months they hid out in their  home after being convicted of tax evasion.

“I wanted to scare them — not kill them,” is not a really good defense to these charges….

Wilkes-Barre, PA: A man who lived in a Pennsylvania family’s attic for more than a week has been sentenced to jail time.  Stanley Wayne Carter was sentenced recently to from nine to 23 months in jail after he pleaded guilty to burglary.  Carter, 21, of  Arkansas apologized to the homeowner and her family.  Carter had been staying with the home owner’s neighbors.  When the neighbors asked him to leave, he went up into the attic shared by the two homes and lived there for 10 days.

In jail he will get three hots and a cot every day….much better than the attic.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *